Monday, January 10, 2011

Resolutions

It's been eight months since I last posted to this blog and if you're a die-hard follower, I hope you haven't been holding your breath for my next post.

As it's January of the new year, which caught most of us off-guard by its quick approach, it's time to make some resolutions film-style. My first resolution is to watch every single stinkin' movie that gets released at the chain of theaters where I work. And yes, that even includes the god-awful fifth installment of the Fast and the Furious franchise. I'm hoping that this will break my 2005 record of number of films seen on the Big Screen. And I believe that number to be 112.

My second resolution is to not pre-judge films before I see them, so, for now, I take back everything I said about Fast Five in the previous paragraph. At least until June.

My third resolution is to continue my epic task of watching every Best Picture Oscar winner and nominee (except for 1927's The Patriot, which cannot be found on film or other medium anywhere. Betcha didn't know that, did you?)

Personally, I'm in a state of transition from my current job of theater manager to one of more career-going status, which, ironically enough, will allow me more time to enjoy the movies. In case you're wondering, working at a theater is not quite the career-going field. It's also difficult to spend my precious leisure time at a place where I work, especially when it's close to being the only thing in town that's open past 10pm.

As I write this, I have achieved exactly zero percent of these resolutions as I have already mocked Season of the Witch for being at 1% on the Tomatometer at Rotten Tomatoes. Sigh. What have I gotten myself into?

No comments:

Post a Comment